<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Reminiscing

Thursday, July 17, 2008 @ 4:01 pm.

Listening: Maroon 5 - If I Never See Your Face Again... on high volume. My mum got the new album for some strange reason (probably to make up 3 for $49.90: That's why we bought Gwen Stefani which hasn't been opened since) and since I'm using the computer right now she's got me playing it for everyone to hear.

CAP Snippet I-don't-know

Crawshaw: Why don't you smile?
Me: Because it takes 32 muscles to frown and 12 to smile, but this face takes no muscle at all.
Crawshaw: ...
Me: ^_^
Crawshaw: You're a lazy person, aren't you?
Me: Uh-huh.

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder

ALOUD! Snippet 1

This is a list of possible songs that the finalists should sing:

SOLO (no particular order. Performance order, actually, but I keep forgetting)
Lydia Cheam... Not sure about this.
Rachel Lim... should sing "If I Ain't Got You" again. Or more Alicia Keys. Or maybe even And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going. She's that good.
Ng Jing Yun

Listening to: Maroon 5: Little of Your Time. Liking it so far.

Lu Jia Ling
Clarice Handoko
Tabitha Lee... don't really know o_o The Call, maybe?
Agatha Cheong
Carmen Ko

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Wake Up Call. I think I've heard this before somewhere.

GROUP (whom I remember better)
Sixteen Seconds... should sing Spice Girls.
Grace and Esther... should sing anything they please. Their song choice is good.
Spontaneous Combustion... Wake Up Call? I think it's just because I'm listening to it at the moment.
Ice Waters... come to think about it, they could sing Wake Up Call.

Listening to: Maroon 5 - I Won't Go Home Without You. I heard this on the radio before. IT'S NOT OVER TONIIIIIGHT JUST GIVE ME ONE MORE CHANCE TO MAKE IT RIIIIIIIIGHT


Drama Night Snippet 1
After the curtain call of the last performance, this is vaguely what happened:
0. After the curtains closed: "1....2....3!"
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
1. Everyone started jumping around hugging each other (obviously)
2. Some people started crying because they were so happy. Drama Night was... an energy-sapper
3. The audience slowly leaked onto the stage although we were trying to get them off
4. Much flowers were exchanged
Listening to: Maroon 5 - Nothing Lasts Forever. I like this one so far
5. People were jumping up and down screaming "It's over! It's over! It's over!"
6. Much "1, 2, 3! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
7. Some people started singing "I HAVE A HAIRY BACK!" (As in, the parody of Sexy Back)
8. Glenda was at the side of the stage giving classmates Ferrero Rocher. So I received mine and ran around searching for everyone else who hadn't gotten any.
9. Got Snickers from Abital.
10. I ran around hugging everyone. Especially Diana and Miriam who were playing males.
11. I heard people plotting to throw their ribbons in the air.
12. Since everyone was at the front talking to family members etc. and mine had come on Friday, there was an empty space in the back. So I jumped and spun around.
Listening to: Maroon 5 - Can't Stop. Interesting so far
13. Sat on the platform watching. Went to hug more people.
14. Jumped and spun more.
15. And then, everyone threw their ribbons in the air.
16. I just untied mine and spun it around over my head. I like my ribbon.
17. This went on for around fifteen seconds, and then the audience was ushered out.
18. Jelly was going around with handfuls of ribbons yelling for people to claim them.

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Goodnight Goodnight

Drama Night Snippet 2
Things that happened during the fifteen minutes of ushering. We had to stay in character which wasn't particularly hard because it was strangely fun and sadistic to do it to your friends.

1-Friday. Sheryl was completely mobbed by her friends. So I went over from time to time saying "Excuse me, what is going on here?" or "Trixie, do you know these people?" or "Are these people harassing you?" or "Is that... a camera? I thought cameras were all big and on tripods and had black cloths over them (it was the 1920s)"
That was interesting.

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Not Falling Apart

2-Saturday. There was this group of boys being all snarky and things like that like all boys are. So we decided to go and bother them for a while. It culminated in a "excuse me, are you mentally well"?

Drama Night Snippet 3
Things that happened backstage when everyone was hopelessly out of character. Except I was trying not to be hopelessly out of character so this is what happened.

1-Saturday during intermission:
Gillian: -dances-
Me: What sort of strange dance are you doing?
Gillian: I'm being high! It's nearly the end of the performance so we should all be happy!
Me: ...
Gillian: -dances-
Me: Well, I understand you being high and happy, but that doesn't mean you have to go around doing strange dances.
Miriam: -comes along-
Me: Mr Scoblowski, did you teach her this dance?
Miriam: No, Miss Granville did.
Me: Oh.

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Kiwi

2-a continuation of 1:
Diana: -dances-
Gillian: -dances-
Jelly: Mr Thompson! Not you too! Maintain your poise!
Me: And dignity!
Or something like that. I can't remember.

Drama Night Snippet 4
There are two resident lizards in our house. One is now called Mr Scoblowski.

The other one is called Sammy.

Drama Night Snippet 5

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Better That We Break

Other things that happened backstage.

1-Friday:
Everyone: -quiet-
From the back: CRUMPCRUMPCRUMPCRUMPCRUMPCRUMPCRUMP
Everyone: -shock-
From the back: CRUMPCRUMP CRUMP CRUMP CRUMP
Everyone: -lets out a silent breath as they realise that it isn't a massive stack of something falling over, but Mr Scoblowski's 'footsteps'-.
[later]
Miss Suneeta: I don't know what happened there. It sounded like ten people instead of one.
Everyone: -snicker-

2-Saturday:
Everyone: -quiet-
From the back: CRUMP CRUMP CRUMP CRUMP CRUMP
Rida: -whisper- It still sounds like four people!

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Back At Your Door

Drama Night Snippet 6
Debrief

Miss Suneeta: ...especially Mr Scoblowski... who blew the house away.
Everyone: -clap-
Miriam: -eehee-

Drama Night Snippet 7
Things that happened during makeup

1-Saturday:
I decided to tie two French plaits because I was bored. So this is what happened
En Qi: -does it-
Me: -wince-
En Qi: Sorry
Me: No, it's okay. I'm doing a study on who is more painful when they do French plaits: You, Rachew, or Emmeline.
En Qi: So?
Me: I have concluded that French plaits are just painful when done with gel.
En Qi: Okay.

=after re-doing one, then the other, then both=

En Qi: I think I had better pass it to Rachew to do. (The parting was wrong)
Rachew: You sure? Or do you want to make do with it?
Me: Just do it.

=after much pain=
Rachew: So am I more painful?
Me: No, it's just more painful because the gel is drying.
Rachew: Oh.
And that is how I spent one hour doing hair.

Listening to: Maroon 5 - Infatuation (Bonus Track)

Drama Night Snippet 8
Things that happened during rehearsal

1:
Miriam (among others): Mr Scoblowski! Madcap! and poet of the Upper Fourth!
Me: -pfft-

2-recurring:
Me: Mr Scoblowski, is it true that you secretly want to be Britney Spears?
Miriam: -pose-

3:
[Miriam has unplaited her hair]
Me: -flip-

4-retoldbyJelly:
[At Bata]
Jelly: So, do you have any sizes above size 4?
Cashier: I'm sorry, we're out of stock.
Jelly: Thank you.
Jelly: -walks out-
Jelly: -walks along-
Jelly: -walks out of shopping centre-
Jelly: ****.

That's enough.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.