<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


League

Thursday, March 26, 2009 @ 8:10 pm.

Thursday (you can find Wednesday on Carolyn's blog if you want; it's essentially the same thing)

Before school

Went down to the bamboo courtyard to see if anyone would show up. No one, though. Nearly fell asleep with my head on my knees.

EL

Speech, mainly.

Found out what the countries were for RMUN: Egypt and Denmark.

NOTE TO SELF: PRINT OUT POWERPOINT SLIDES!!!!!!!

Philo

Organ trading, in preparation for the SBL later.

When Ms Newall was talking about conceiving one child to be the donor for another, everyone was whispering "My Sister's Keeper! My Sister's Keeper!"

Hehe, seems like I'm not the only one who likes that book. Jodi Picoult is pretty darn good.

Lit

I wasn't there for the first Hilda Taba, whatever went on, and today Mrs Ng gave us two poems to compare/contrast and then answer questions.

Compare/contrast is hard, because you need to come up with criteria or categories to classify them with. Like structure, or content, or tone, or attitude (??), or anything.

Shannon: Oh, I have no marbles...

Eh, repeat of the lost-my-marbles saga?
(as in there was one time I brought marbles to school and then dropped them, so Charlotte said "Grace, you lost your marbles!")

Jean is an interesting person to discuss things with 8D

Physics

Mr Liu didn't assign work, so after finishing the Tutorial everyone just sat around doing nothing much (other than mindless chatter ;D).

Recess

Jelly wants to do one of the texts Mrs Ng gave for YAWP!. It's called Paper Planes, but I didn't get that text, so I don't exactly know what it's like.

The ones my side of the class got (the night shift and Song of the Red Cross) aren't as much performance poetry. Maybe they are, but not sure about it.

HCL

Spent much of the lesson trying to decipher a passage of traditional Chinese lao shi was displaying on the screen. I didn't read it aloud... leave that to the experts ;D

After that, Glenda was saying "Do you want to write that down? She said something about one to five..." but I had no idea o_o I either wasn't listening or was too tired for some reason.

I figured out what it was in the end, though; she was dividing up the ke wen into three parts and so on.

Math

More coordinate geometry. It's quite interesting, but I can't remember the length of a line segment formula.

ES

Spent at least fifteen minutes staring into 3T, putting our watches against the window, and much confused motioning to Jelly through the window with Stephanie and Nicole as well as us usual SW girls. Mrs Ng was rather pissed that teachers (and us) were taking up so much time D:

Anyway, we've been given a sort of break due to SYF, thanks Mrs Ng ^^

She asked me whether I had lost weight D:

I haven't actually. Really!

Lunch

Ate (with everyone playing with the lunchbox-tupperware-cylinder thing), then spent the time waiting for the dental appointment.

NOTE TO SELF: STOP FLICKING SHERALYN'S HAIR!!!!!!!!!

Dental Appointment

By far one of the most painful I have ever experienced. It's not really the sort one can forget either... sigh. I still sorta remember it.

The dentist says that my teeth must be really sensitive D: And other than that, my gums are a little bad, mostly though neglect DD:

Anyway.

SBL

Came in 15 minutes late to find a seat next to Mrs Ng; I couldn't find 3G until Felicia stood up to answer a question.

The lecture's the best I've seen yet (I've only been to two so <_<). The speaker's really good, really knowledgeable, and really frank and truthful. I admire him.

It's not something that one can see often in MGS, eh.

Anyway, Mrs Ng turned to tell me to tell the RMUN girls to buy court shoes. That was when I asked her which teams were getting which countries; she just said to follow the list, so...

After SBL

Ate two pizza slices and three samosas.

As it turns out, Jean wants Denmark (though Jelly wants Egypt), and our group wants Egypt.

I found out Egypt has PRESS CORPS so yeah, I want it too

Jelly and Tze Shien want it too, though.

Then hung around in the trellis with Carolyn, Lau, Hui Xian and Jerusha before going back.

American Idol was today =D Adam Lambert was really good.

After American Idol

Went and checked the list, and it turns out that our team (MGS 1) is assigned to Egypt.

As it turns out, Egypt and Denmark have the same councils, except that Egypt doesn't have ECOSOC2 for Press Corps.

Anyway, I should be studying for History.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.