<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


mindless chatter

Monday, March 23, 2009 @ 10:39 pm.

Chapel

Went down to the Bamboo Courtyard to see if anyone at all would turn up for warmups after what happened during Drama week last week.

But no one came.

Met Carolyn going up to the gallery; apparently she got lost ^^~. The band was good today, and so was the message... but yet I feel that there is so much more that could be learned from The Last Supper. I just have to find out what else there is.

Bio

Marksheet; again, my predicted two A2s and rest A1s (see previous post on marks), so quite happy with that.
Ms Lau passed back the slips of paper thing that only 3G would have any clue of. Anyway, I didn't know if we were supposed to do anything so I drew a smiley face in pencil for no reason.
Seating arrangement change; I'm sitting with Glenda now. I think it's the first time ever that I'm actually sitting in the second row. I don't really mind, except that it's a little weird to see the whiteboard and it looks like whiteboard-whiteboard-whiteboard-Wendy's head-whiteboard. But I can still see, so it's okay.
Other than that, went through Bio worksheets etc.

(I don't call Glenda Gand for some reason... I think last year I just didn't want to, and I doubt I'm going to change that now)

Literature

Glenda doesn't take Full Lit so I had a vacant seat again. I think Jardena or Jeanette was going to take it, but Jean was the first to get there. I guess it's because Eleanor's sitting in front :D

Anyway, we were supposed to start on Hilda Taba today, so we were getting into groups to do a class Hilda Taba (grouped with Carolyn, Jelly, En, Tze).

Seriously, I was almost certain that the entire exercise would be a complete flop.

If we're supposed to classify things based on Higher Order Thinking, how on earth can we do it with 20-30 people that we likely only know half of? And how are we supposed to find out which happy little group we belong to BESIDES the groups we usually engage in MINDLESS CHATTER with without actually DISCUSSING amongst ourselves to find out exactly where we belong OUTSIDE our little chat-spheres?

Yun Hua didn't think she belonged anywhere. My sentiments exactly.

Still, most of the lesson was taken up, as many of you might have heard, with the mindless chatter episode.

It amazes me how absolutely all adults can find things to say and target towards us for a solid hour, and how they are almost visibly pausing and looking around and finding something else to say.

Still, after that, I went back to my seat and came the closest to crying in public as I have in quite a while.

I'm so sorry, Mrs Ng. I'm so sorry.

Stayed in at recess to prepare for the Chinese presentation.

HCL
Chinese presentation.

SS
British healthcare, by Mrs Raj.
Somehow I like the chapters that deal with outside countries. Maybe it's because Singapore is a young country, and it's interesting to see what the older countries did.

It's hard to imagine, sometimes, how the government of a welfare state doesn't lose money caring for their citizens.

If those people moved to, let's say, Singapore or anywhere that isn't a welfare state, how would they survive?

Physics
Mr Liu was happy today. Which reminds me, I need to go look up those lens and wave simulations.

HCL
More Chinese presentation. Spent the time looking through Audrey's UglyDoll book and drawing things on the page of my notebook.

I'm not going to discuss anything else.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.