<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Is Anybody Listening?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 @ 5:48 pm.

They say I've got no rights
To question a life without hope
Or ask for anything more
Than the suffering bleed at the end of the road
They say I've got no right
to look them in the eye
That I belong in the dust of their feet
One day for sure I'm gonna die

Is anybody listening?
Does anybody hear?
Does anybody out there see us drowning in our fears?
Is our future written on a sky of cold stone?
God, if you're listening, let us know
God, if you're listening, let us know

They teach us to believe
We're not strong like them
That we don't have the will to crush these walls that hold us in
They try and make us think that we'll never have a chance
Can I fight for my own freedom with only these two hands

Is anybody listening?
Does anybody hear?
Does anybody out there see us struggling with our fears?
Is our future written on a sky of cold stone?
If you're listening, let us know
God, if you're listening, let us know

You can tie a rock to my soul
But you can't build a prison for my mind, no
You can chain my body to the earth
But still my spirit flies
My spirit flies

Does anybody out there see us drowning in our fear
Will our hopes die slowly in the heat of the desert sun
God, if you hear us, send us someone
God, if you hear us, send someone

Is anybody listening?

(The Ten Commandments - The Musical)

This song is sung by Joshua, somewhere in the beginning of the musical, I think.

I don't know whether it's because they put Adam Lambert in the role, or it's because of the song, but Joshua seems rather awkwardly characterised. I'm not sure what he is.

I kinda like the song, though there are some lines that I find just plain weird. I'd listen to a version sung by someone else to see if that made a difference, but it's not a very popular musical and only he played that part.

Never mind.

I always end my posts with never mind.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.