<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Surreal

Monday, July 13, 2009 @ 7:12 pm.

Chinese O Level Oral is over.

The waiting was terrible... at least two hours. We were sitting upstairs, not allowed to move, not allowed to do anything really, except melt in our own panic.

The group downstairs was allowed to walk around and take books from the shelves. We were very envious of them. I think. All we were capable of doing, really, was to play never-ending games of chopsticks, drink water, try and remember "vicious cycle" in Chinese, and of course obsessively time the duration taken by all the candidates.

Shortest time: Four minutes (Felicia)
Mode (?) time: Seven minutes. I think that was the longest time too, but I didn't time mine.


Reading passage was about not missing what you never had/ the grass is greener on the other side of the fence/ we need to experience worse things to appreciate our fortune or a mix of all of them. I'm not usually good at this part but at least the passage was easy so I didn't do as badly as I would have otherwise.

Conversation topic was - get this - CIP!

As in volunteer work organised by the school.

The examiner started with 学校安排的社区活动... then I kinda forgot the rest.

I asked him to repeat it again as I was digesting it, because I didn't get all of it at first and I needed to think, then I suddenly thought ooh, could this be what I think it is?

So I asked him whether it was basically 义工, and he said yes.

Uh, yay!

I mean, I somewhat prepared for that and even if I didn't it's pretty easy to talk about too.

So I talked and then said something about never going to old folks' homes for CIP but since I've been there before because of my grandfather I do want to go there and help out.

The examiner asked something to the effect of "so, if you do go to an old folks' home, what will you do?"

So... I told him.

Then he asked, "So, if you do go to an old folks' home, how will you feel?"

And I thought wait, haven't I told him this already?

So... I told him.

The female examiner, by the time I got to the jie jue fang fa, was just smiling at me. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing.

Then I left.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.