<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Changing Sides

Sunday, July 05, 2009 @ 10:30 pm.

Wimbledon Final today. I refuse to watch the sets after the score reaches 5-5, because it's going to raise my blood pressure due to stress levels.

Even though all the people in my family are Federer fans (well, some Nadal fans, but everyone prefers Federer to Roddick as far as I know),

My brother is openly supporting Roddick.
My sister is ignoring the final. (EDIT: She came out later and started supporting Federer)
My mother is not giving opinions, except that she wants it to be a close fight.
I am steadfast in my support.

However,

My father has been cheering for Roddick, because he expects Federer to win, so might as well cheer for the underdog.

He's drilled this into my head ever since I first started watching sports with him.

I asked him whether he wanted Federer to win.

He said yes.

So why was he cheering for Roddick?

Because he was the underdog.

I am amazed at the people who can rip apart loyalties and trusts just for the sake of entertainment.

He's cheering for Federer now, because I just reminded him that Federer was the underdog.

EDIT: After Federer won the set, he started cheering for Roddick again as he had become the underdog.

At the fifth set, I got him to start cheering for Federer because after all, he did want Federer to win and the set could go either way, with no break points and no tie break.

Halfway through, he forgot he was cheering for Federer and starting cheering for Roddick until I reminded him.

By 0115 h I was the only one left watching.

After Federer won, 16-14, I smsed the result to both my sister and father so they could read it when they woke up. He was still awake.

" :) I knew he would win :)"





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.