<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


role playing

Saturday, July 18, 2009 @ 11:30 am.

[inspired by/ in response to Eleanor's post: role playing]

We all have our own roles to play.
Why should we play more than what we already have?

To learn?
To teach?
To entertain?
To torture?
To indulge?
To escape?

For those who are good at acting/those who act/those who act so much they get good at it, why do you do what you do?

I play someone else's role for all these reasons.

I learn, by playing something someone else tells me to; sometimes something I've never heard of.

I teach, because sometimes people need to know what's going on, or what went on, or what was going through the head of a certain playwright or another.

I entertain; I make people laugh by making a fool of myself.

I torture, by sending across something so laced with venom that it's a poison without doing anything, even if I don't really mean it to.

I indulge, because it's fun... sometimes.

I escape, because all these roles make up for the fact that I don't really have one.

--

In theatre, there are measures put in place (sometimes) to make sure that people don't lose themselves in their characters.

I once heard of someone that played a really 'bimbotic' character in one of the musicals or plays, and in the end, she herself changed.

Maybe she liked it.

So it is possible to lose yourself. If you want to.

One way to avoid this could be to preserve a little part of yourself in the role you're playing.

--

I would never roleplay without an audience.

There is no point.

But... there is always an audience. Somehow.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.