<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Whee

Friday, July 17, 2009 @ 5:09 pm.

I'm posting an anecdote today. First in a long time.

Before School

The Poetry Slam team were discussing a poem in the back of the room, and the people at my corner were half discussing the History and Current Affairs Challenge Shield at Hwa Chong and H1N1, especially the quarantines.

Some discussion throughout the day:

Felicia (on Hwa Chong History and Current Affairs) - basically our team is 'destined to fail', because RGS is sending TWO TEAMS including the China RMUN delegation, and RI is sending TWO TEAMS, including those from the US delegation like Jarret and Ren Jie. So that makes up the Final Four already. And, of course, Hwa Chong's own two teams as back-up.

Felicia (on H1N1) - Half her RMUN Council has/is affected by H1N1.

Eleanor (on H1N1) - I should get H1N1 so that our row will be quarantined x_x. Then someone else suggested that someone in the CENTRE should get H1N1, so that the radius would be wider...

Me (on H1N1) - I wondered if the seat partners of those quarantined were a little weirded out. What's the difference between 2 metres and 2.2 metres??

Alexa (on HC / RMUN, after someone commented on how all the RMUN people were gathered in a corner): "Oh, they're all from Egypt. I'm the only Denmarkian." (to which Nicole promptly replied DANISH!)

Audrey (on H1N1): Hey, if Shannon was quarantined due to close contact because of Oral, I was sitting on the other side...

Audrey (on H1N1, after I commented on how Zhi Lin had said "You hug me, later I really sick then how?" after I did so): I don't care. [hugs]

Then Ms Lau came in and was about to update on the situation but we had to have assembly first, then she did, and then she left.

Elect. History

War on Europe cont'd. There's a worksheet on LMS (worksheet 15). None/not many of the quarantined people take Elect. History, and not really any homework anyway.

Now there's no one sitting next to me during Elect., now that there's the new seating plan.

New Homework: None, except that worksheet 15.

E Maths

Bearings. Which is about exactly the same as Geography map reading. They steal it and tangle it up with geometry and trigonometry.

I actually like trigo, so far. I think it's because we haven't learned radians yet.

New Homework: E Maths Assignment, Trigo WS... 4. I think. The last one she gave out before Bearings, which is worksheet 5.

English

We got the summaries back; I asked Mrs Chitra whether there's drama next week... she said no.

Read a very short story that had been formatted in two columns, and Mrs Chitra only let us read the first column and asked us what we thought was going to happen next because of the building suspense in the story, which was about a man who gets in an empty taxi late at night and gets scared.

People were suggesting murder, kidnapping, ghosts, etc.

And in the end, I got it right, because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED.

It always turns out like that.

After that Mrs Chitra didn't want to do any more with absent people so she gave out Newsweek, during which I finished my E Math.

New Homework: Do the questions included on the worksheet with the story. I can't remember the name.

Recess

Went to 3T for a while (Jelly reminded me to do ticket refunds, Xing Xing asked me if I could go with her after school) until their English teacher came in. Their recess ends at 1040 while ours ends at 11. Xing Xing asked if our class had done some compo yet, and I said no. She was shocked. "Really? I thought it was compulsory..."

I remarked that their teacher seems to do a lot of writing, and that I might enjoy her class a lot. Mrs Chitra does a lot of compre, and not as much writing as worksheets about writing, at least not as much as 3T does.

Xing Xing: "Well, you should join our class then!"
Me: "It would be a little awkward, wouldn't it? Unless I somehow ended up the only one not quarantined in my class... then I'd probably join yours."

Speaking of which, Charlotte isn't quarantined, nor are the other people that usually are at basketball. I guess it's because basketball's only 40 minutes long.

Chemistry
Someone in my row (gosh, I can't remember) mentioned that the lessons after school on Fridays were the worst.

I have to agree. ONE HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES OF CHEMISTRY.

Anyway, Ms Yang got kinda scared upon considering her contact with Carolyn:

Ms Yang: "Was she in school on Tuesday?"
Me: "Oh yeah, she was." (And we had lab on Tuesday! Oh no!)

Later

Ms Yang: "Oh yeah, she had her jacket on in the lab... then I walked by to ask if she was okay..."

Later

Ms Yang: [picks up the duster, which promptly falls apart] Your class doesn't have better dusters? [gives up] Does anyone have tissue?
New Homework: Ionic Equations worksheet newly given out in school, but start doing Acids and Bases worksheet. Bring Indicators and pH.

O:

A Maths

Mrs Loh has started shopping again.

Nicole: "I thought you retired your credit card?"
Mrs Loh: "Yeah. I did. But I'm using my husband's credit card."
Class: [blink]
Mrs Loh: "You know my money is his money, so I should spend his money."

[later]
Mrs Loh: [picks up the duster, which promptly falls apart; she uses the black felt covering to clean the board] I know what G stands for. Garang guni!

Solving sin theta = x. Turns out we've been doing it wrong ALL THIS TIME!!!!!!
Okay not wrong, just incomplete.

She was about to start on radians but decided to spare us because too many people weren't in school.

New Homework: Assignment, Trig Worksheet 1

GEL

Leadership Seminar with 3T

One part was when the instructor divided us into "sculptor" and "raw materials" (drama girls may find this somewhat familiar) and ordered us to sculpt something without touching or speaking to the raw materials, but we could use gestures and the raw materials had a mind of their own, so they could choose to ignore you.

[when we split up into groups of four]

Xing Xing and Diana collapse to the left and right respectively while Carissa holds her palms together over her head and Jelly does arm waves behind her:
Jelly: IT'S A HINDI MOVIE!

The entire LT was laughing madly.

Other Highlights

Tabitha with her Domo (Yun Hua) and later with her Domo x3 (Yun Hua, Nicole and Christie)

Alexa, Carmen, Tze Shien and Ern Wei with their being called twice and their zombie saga

Later a video was played about Miss California possibly losing a Miss USA title due to saying "I think marriage is between a man and a woman" when asked the question that "gay marriages were being legalised in four states; what did she think?"

She said that she felt very proud for standing up for what she believed in, and she didn't want to be politically correct, but biblically correct.

Perez Hilton insists that she should have said "it's their choice" and be accommodating; Miss USA represents all of America.

Well, as I've mentioned before, these are my views: I do not discriminate, but I do not condone either.

Pastor Joseph Prince at NCC once said something like "Christianity is not about following a book of rules and opposing homosexuality."

He meant it as a joke.

The instructor then asked "Would you do the same?" or "is it too difficult?" I didn't raise my hand for either, because I would have done things differently.

Gay marriages are a choice, and we should respect that. But what Miss California said was also a choice, and we should respect that too.

New Homework: Ba-boom.

-----

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.