<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Re: P*rn

Monday, September 14, 2009 @ 3:50 pm.

Thank you for your letter. We have published it in today's (Sep 13) Forum Page.
You can also view your letter on the Straits Times website at www.straitstimes.com.

Best wishes,


Yap Koon Hong (Mr)
Forum editor
The Straits Times



Shit!

Never thought this would happen, just out of one English assignment ):. Don't even know why it's published, because it's exactly the same as one letter written by someone else after the actual article came out.

The title's different from my original though.

My original was:

Increased action must be taken to prevent easy access to p*rnography by minors


while the edited one is

More can be done to curb access to p*rn


I'm bringing the article to school tomorrow because Mrs Chitra will probably want to see it. You can view the comments page here, because if you want to view the original article you're going to have to pay for it.


I'm not too affected by the comments (which largely say "don't ban, it won't help"), for example:

spfairley: Why ban it? Use the Singapore ERP-solution - just charge "interested parties" on a pay-on-demand system.

It's a win-win option. "Interested parties" get their p*rn legally from licenced outlets, who will verify the age (M-18) of the patrons. Government collects revenue - just like from sales of t*bacco products.


because not only are there many ways to deal with p*rn, I EXPECT p*rn to be dealt with in other ways.

Oh yeah, interesting comment:

register again: I'm equally concern at the writer who is literally asking to be spoon fed on responsiblity [sic]. I'm sure she can do better than that. :)


I'm mentally kicking myself for coming across that way.

I have to stop being such a pushover.

I was unsuccessfully trying to detach myself from the issue. Never mind. Somehow I think I was going for that, no matter how much that doesn't make sense at all.

As a spoon fed child who's been plagued by web filters all her life... I do actually think it's a good idea. Although I'm not that sure what "spoon fed on responsibility" refers to exactly.

Carolyn's letter is here, and Liz Goh's letter is here.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.