<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


We were never meant to be

Monday, September 14, 2009 @ 5:26 pm.

Recount today.

Chapel

Was distracted by a bird which was flying around the windows, the lights, the rostrum, the stage (really on the stage). I didn't like the band that much today, and the people around me pretty much agreed that we weren't sure what the speaker was talking about :/

Bio

Surprisingly we didn't actually do that much, despite there being one hour and twenty minutes of lesson (twenty minutes being taken up by horrible traffic [yes, traffic] and form teacher GEL-like duties). By right, the lesson wasn't really bad at all.

Ms Lau: [passes out little apple notes] Sorry, girls, I'm highly frivolous!


Literature

Slept a bit while waiting for the hip-hop half of 3T to come in (they were kept in because they still hadn't finished choreography; eep!). Miss Tan half questioning after my prone position and yelling at Claire for jumping in the way suddenly. The next time she did that, Claire and Wendy (?) both dove to the side.

We went through a poem called "Animal Farm" (which has nothing to do with the Orwell book). I didn't say a word during the entire lesson, which is fine by me.

[quotes in this post are not ad verbatim; I don't have a very good memory, really. You can go find other blogs with the same quotes if you want, e.g. Carolyn's blog, and compare.]
Jelly: ****!
Ms Tan: Did you just swear?
Jelly: [very seriously] I'm having very bad cramps.
Ms Tan: Wait, were you expecting it?
Jelly: Uh... yeah.
Ms Tan: Okay, good, so that means you don't have to go away and, like, wash yourself or anything.
Class: [soft laughter]
Ms Tan: You don't say that when there's a male teacher, right?
Jelly: No.
Ms Tan: Just tell him that... you just felt like saying an expletive in his class.


Ms Tan: [not exact]...and I know that even writing for half an hour is really tough, writing for two hours twenty minutes you'll probably be dead already. But the other schools decided that since we've only finished one book we should only have one paper... so we just take our orders from [raises arm enthusiastically] up there, and then we accept it with an "Orh." and then we pass it to you [smiles sweetly].


Recess - HCL

Slept through the whole of recess and came to consciousness a few minutes after lao shi entered.

Did a personal recount on something that taught [the persona] not to take anything for granted. Surprisingly hard; the people in my row were sitting there for at least five minutes thinking. E.g. Liz Chan insisted she had a "brain block", and later that she wouldn't write recount for the examination because it was harder than bao zhang bao dao (and the same with yi lun wen as it was too easy to mess up).

Liz was writing an elaborate piece on how the persona was to go home by herself after arguing with her mother:


Liz Chan: I think I'm going out of point.
Me: Why?
Liz Chan: Because I'm writing, like, this girl has an argument with her mother like her mother nags her too much, then the mother says to go home herself and see what it's like when she doesn't care for her, then the girl doesn't have any money and can't take the bus, so she has to walk for hours...
Me [crapping]: It should be okay, right? Because after that she can infer that she can't take anything for granted...
[later]
Liz Chan: Hey, can I say 跑啊跑,跑到巴士站? Is it okay or not?
Me: It's okay... it sounds quite dramatic, actually.
Glenda: Yeah, if you want to add drama.
[later]
[Liz starts laughing]
Me: What are you laughing at?
Liz: My own essay! [laughs] It's so stupid!


SS

While doing the Northern Ireland essay Mrs Raj came over to ogle at my Northern Ireland CMap. Which is colour-coded. Probably why she was so "impressed" by it.

Physics (\(O_O)/)

[explaining displacement]
Mr Liu: Let me use MYSELF as an example.
[walks over to the door and holds his laser pointer vertically]
Mr Liu: I start here. Then I run --
[starts running around the entire classroom]
Felicia: Wah, Mr Liu! No wonder you're so slim!
Mr Liu [still running]: [breathes out audibly] Huhhh.
[runs back to starting position]
Mr Liu: And I stop back here. What is the distance I travelled?
Class: The perimeter of the classroom.
Mr Liu: And what is the displacement?
Class: Zero!
Mr Liu: [triumphant]


--

Chem SPA tomorrow.

English oral tomorrow.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.