<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


comprehension

Thursday, October 01, 2009 @ 5:03 pm.

Before School/Assembly

Fighting down another attack of nausea, but I sat down and did a summary with my head almost on the table.

Hmm, another devotion on perseverance today. This time I don't even recall hearing a Bible reference at all. If you deliver a morning speech on morals without references to a religion, what is it called? A motivational talk?

English-Philosophy

Sat down in class again with the intent to finish the remaining summaries but ended up falling asleep instead. Woke up twice thinking Ms Newall had come in but fell asleep after she actually did. Woke up properly somewhere before/during the euthanasia presentation, because I remember hearing all of it.

After that, a presentation on Business Eth(n)ics apparently done by a half-conscious Wendy in the middle of the night. The class was adequately amused with the typos.

Anyway, I was absolutely itching to say something, but I couldn't get a word in at all and by the time I finally got my head completely screwed on again Ms Newall had changed the topic.

Last Philo lesson, too.

Ms Newall delegated the submission of reflections to me before realising that there was a Philo rep. Apparently she thought Eleanor was just being a Stepford Child collecting worksheets and all that.

Literature

Highlight of the lesson was when Miss Tan gave us a packet of Twisties. I finished mine in ten minutes.

Physics

Mr Liu came in and started talking about freefall, and the class immediately starting bugging him on whether he was going to do the Galileo experiment.

So he came to a section where a book and a piece of paper were dropped at the same time, and he grabbed a random piece of paper and a Physics textbook and dropped them from his shoulder height down to the ground. Then we came to the second page.

He marched us out of the class to the third storey science block to drop a book and a piece of paper, because a) 3S was having a class and he didn't want to disturb them, b) the primary school was empty so we could go there and do it, and c) after walking down the stairs to the third floor he didn't want to climb any more. He put the paper on top of the book, and dropped it to the ground twice to prove that both would fall at the same rate.

Stephanie (apparently) and others in the stairwell dropped her wallet and a crumpled sheet of paper down the building.

Recess

Had to stay back to finish all of the things I left undone while I was sleeping. Had ten minutes left and I was wondering whether to go down when I decided there wasn't enough time anyway.

Chinese

Went through all the summaries and only one of the compres. I should have done the summaries first. Trust me to be lazy.

老师 was stalking around the class trying to get us to answer a question as to what was the 论点 of the comprehension. Since I had actually done the paper, I decided to contribute an answer from the 说明 portion of my 论证方法 table because my original answer had already been debunked. It was 要努力,才能成功.

Then 老师 repeated it with about the same amount of venom as she did the other answer earlier, though that might have been because nobody was answering her as to which one was correct. After that she went through the entire 论证方法 before going back to the question again, and as it turned out my answer was right o_o. That's a rare one. I'll remember that.

E Maths

Went through Paper 1, dragged self through Paper 2 and kept doing it right through SS.

--

I tend to trail off in my blog posts. I have a lot to write, and then suddenly I don't and I don't know how to end.

--

I have a bad habit of taking notes in Chinese during Chinese (unless things are going too fast, then I scribble in English, or a mixture, or diagrams), but talking in English. Unless it's to 老师. Which is why I don't do it much.

--





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.