<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Hiatus End

Thursday, October 22, 2009 @ 6:37 pm.

L1R5 = 6 !!!
(not very spectacular, but yeah, it's a relief)

It was a short hiatus, but I only meant it to last officially during the going through of exam papers, so I guess it ends here. I'll post the little [slightly adapted] blurbs I wrote in my notebook alongside my personal marksheet, as well as a brief emoticon renders of the faces I drew alongside the marks as I wrote them down. And, if I feel like it, I'll post the grade, and maybe a mark.

E Math ( 8) ) (A1)
1. E Math 2: Not bad. Prob. get an A1 for this. Still, I know how easy it is to get full marks. So it's a little sad that I didn't get to have that nice ___ mark. It looks nicer. I'm still proud of my graph.

2. E Math 1: [Initial reaction] Jubilation, kinda. Shiny ___ mark! And a "gd!" on my paper. Maybe it's the dinosaur [which I drew on the paper].

E Math: Reasonably satisfied.
(Am I the only freak that did better for Paper 1 than Paper 2??) [found out later that I wasn't, of course o_o)


A Math (A1) ( :) )

3. A Math 1: [I was petrified at the prospect of failing] Big huge relief. Highest is 59. The A1 is near. I need ___ marks for P2 to get A1.

4. A Math 2: My triumph [at A1] is dampened by the fact that people get 60/60. At least I got an A1.
"...Don't you think you should all get full marks for this paper?" It's not like I'm doing you a favour by getting full marks [...] I should shut up now.

Chemistry (A1) ( 8D )

5. Chemistry: Ooh 89%. Great. [pumps fist]


History ( TT_TT )

6. History: Sh*t.

English (A1) ( :) )

7: EL: Boo. With Oral it should be fine. Should. [later] ____ for Oral! [Tabby later came up and congratulated me for it o_o]

Biology (A1; 89.5%) (8D!!!!)

8. Bio: [pumps fist]

Social Studies (A1; Combined Humanities total: A2)(relatively 8D)

9. SS: I can't believe this. I just completely salvaged my combined humanities.

Higher Chinese (:/)

10. HCL: 还好吧。


Literature ( :| )

11. Lit: Could have done better. [sigh]


Physics ( 8) )

12. Physics: Yes! L1R5 = 6! Still.

After I got the paper back, I had to return it to Mr Liu to subtract one mark (sigh). To assuage my disappointment, I decided to grill him a little on another question I had gotten wrong.
Me: Mr Liu, for [the lemon tea carton] question, does the "packet before collapse" refer to Figure 3.1?
Mr Liu: Uh, yeah.
Me: Okay, so Figure 3.1 represents a new carton of lemon tea, right? (stated in the question) That means that there's an amount of lemon tea inside the carton, and therefore you cannot say that the amount of air molecules in the carton has decreased after collapse because all the lemon tea is sucked out, and the volume inside the packet might have increased.
Charlotte: But there's still an air space in the packet.
Me: But we don't know how much lemon tea there is in the packet, so we can't say whether the volume increased or decreased.
Charlotte: So it's a bad question.
Me: Yeah, it's a bad question.
Mr Liu: ...
Mr Liu: Let me go and... re-evaluate the question.


--

L1R5 = 6
MSG = 1 5/9
Ranking: Biology, Chemistry, E Math, A Math, Physics, English, Combined Humanities, Literature, Higher Chinese

Go figure.
Funny how I'm doing better in the subjects I don't like rather than the subjects I am.
Without exception, I scored above 80% in all the Sciences. Biology would be the first subject I'd drop, but I practically topped in it, and it's making me reconsider (It's like Geography... ack) My non-A1 subjects (not counting HCL) were History and Lit, but if SS were a stand-alone subject it would beat Biology hands down.

I've always tried to classify myself as a humanities type person.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Or maybe I'm neither.

Maybe it's just because they're easier?





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.