<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Drought

Monday, March 22, 2010 @ 10:45 pm.

The brief approx 36-hour internet drought ends ^^

A brief explanation (I'm so conditioned by Twitter... if I didn't have a Twitter account this would be an entire post long): Okay, on Sunday morning the Singtel mio box broke down (second time, I might add), so immediately there was no internet and no house line either. Father tried calling the Singtel call centre who told him that the technician could only be there on Wednesday at the latest. He had a fit and made them promise that they would call him at ten in the morning on Monday (I don't think they did).

So in the end he went to get a new Mio box, and now I'm back :)

Recount for today! But before that, brief shoutout to Jean, Jeanette, Charlotte and Ellie for ponning SCMUN D&D and going to Burger Shack and Starbucks xD Had a lot of fun, and came back earlier than we would have otherwise :)

Assembly/Chapel

Chapel led by a teacher that also performed at Celebration, Ms/Mrs?? Yvonne Ng. En says she was trying too hard; I'm inclined to agree. She was pushing every note (ref to Drama, anyone? According to En again at least...)

Also Part 2 of Moses' Pursuit of Godliness by Mrs Ong. I always get a little put off by sermons that are mapped out on Powerpoints... but lately everyone's been doing it during Chapel so I guess I gotta get used to it.

HMT

Read this incredibly sad passage on a mother sending her son off on the morning he leaves her for work. I don't know why but I'm starting to love my textbooks... the writing is awesome. I never thought I'd be able to find writing like this in Chinese in a textbook... it's enough to be released commercially on its own to readers outside schools. Which it probably is. But still.

E Maths

Finally got the Paper 2 that every other class got for holiday homework due on April Fools' Day (NOT A JOKE, reiterates Mrs Ni)... other than that, nothing much happened.

Recess

Spent a while tidying up the last of my Lit file then went down for recess.

While queuing up for hand rolls,

Jelly: GRACE~! IF I GIVE YOU MONEY AND NO TAXES, WILL YOU BUY ME ONE HAND ROLL?


I couldn't help but smile at that xD Not only was it just funny and that the day had been rather dreary up to that point, I hadn't seen Jelly for an entire week 8D

Plus Diana was sidling up to her and asking for an egg handroll too ^^

Ha, you guys made my day xD don't ask why!

Sat with Ritika, Jelly, Diana, Zhi Lin, Xing Xing, Claudia and others (sorry D:) discussing the segregation of the SBC classes (which is a pretty common topic nowadays).

In the wormhole between recess and Physics, Lau and Christie gave Li Cheng a Paddington Bear for her birthday <3

Physics

Apparently Mr Liu was supposed to give us a SPA Skill 3 assignment today but he forgot, according to Zhi Lin

General confusion on the U-tube manometer.

EL

A NEW BBC KNOWLEDGE MAGAZINE WAS GIVEN OUT TODAY!!!!

While fooling around (ahem, I mean practicing) with the oral prep handouts Mrs Chitra gave out with Alison and Li Cheng, heard about how Steph and Liz Chan determined that BBC K was much better than Newsweek: feeling the cover, and jabbing the front cover with a pencil to see if it crumpled xD

Individual comments on EOY oral. Not much to say about mine, just "keep doing what you're doing" and all that, plus pronounced "comparable" wrongly <_> I never knew it was pronounced the way it was supposed to.

Plus a lot of words, like "senile" and "solace"... I feel screwed over like the time Miss Suneeta MIScorrected my pronunciation of "respite" during DyDDaU... I say MIScorrected based on comments from everyone else after DyDDaU.

SS

General hilarity and digression like there always is... but we always manage to get something done.

Mr Seow was freaked out by Felicia's snuggling of Paddington Bear...

Literature

Ah, now we come to the highlight...

With a change of seating comes a change of Lit groups; at least 4T doesn't change their seating every MONTH like 4G does... I'm gonna miss Sparta! ): I'll keep that winning pencil forever! Well, until it turns into a stump and dies away... or I... lose it...

Anyway, new group of Xiu Qi, Carmen and Liz Goh, and Mrs Thomsett's "favourite" group, because our new groups are named after (so Mrs Thomsett can remember the names) past or present American Idol contestants.

Alison reserved Adam Lambert straight away xD narrowly beating Claire, who then started shouting out CLAY AIKEN, with her group members violently protesting xD

Xiu Qi suggested David Cook after that... after Adam Lambert (who I wouldn't have picked anyway... Lambert already haunts enough of my thoughts <_< as I've mentioned before, it's unhealthy ):), David Cook is my favourite xD And, as it turns out, it's Mrs Thomsett's favourite too:

Me and Xiu Qi: DAVID COOK!
Mrs Thomsett: Who said David Cook?
[pause as she finds the group]
Mrs Thomsett: You're gonna win.


So! The list:

Crystal Bowersox (Claire's group) is in the lead with +5 points for volunteering their points! After that, I can't remember...
David Cook has one point! (When we got it, Mrs Thomsett said "Whoo! David Cook is on the board!!"
Kris Allen (Tab, Shannon and co) has one point! (someone: Why pick such a bland character...?)
Adam Lambert (Alison's group)... I'm not sure whether they have one point or none, hmm.
WILLIAM HUNG (Carolyn, Minerva and co)
Carrie Underwood (En Qi and co) En Qi proclaims that Carrie Underwood is innocent; Claudia claims that she doesn't have as much negative press as Kelly Clarkson xD

And just as Crystal Bowersox is likely to win this year, Crystal Bowersox is probably going to win the Term 2 Lit (I mean COOPERATIVE LEARNING) League xD

And other than that, yeah, analysis of the drama of Emerson-injection scene.

HMT cont'd

MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT TODAY.
老师 READ OUT MY 报章报道 TODAY. FIRST TIME EVERRRR. 8D

She just read out Ka Yi's first, and since it was a 个案 I was sure I was going to die for it... then she stopped while giving out the rest of it and said that she thought that my 内容 was good but it was sad that my fluency in writing was dismal as usual <_>

But I'm happy 8D I think 个案 is actually quite easy to write...

After School

Decided to wait for a ride at four due to the pouring rain and hung around with Zhi Lin, En Qi, Claudia, Charlotte and everyone discussing the killer O Level timetable xD

Claudia and I were lamenting the last paper (BIO PAPER 1, MCQ, AFTER A WEEKEND, THE LAST PAPER). We were hoping and hoping that it would be changed while En Qi was trying to retain her right to gloat over us on the last day xD

--

Okay that's it. I should go to sleep.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.