<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


SCMUN Day One

Monday, March 15, 2010 @ 6:33 pm.

Right, before I go and tip coins off the edge of my table and hopefully write a little reso, I'll just talk briefly about SCMUN...

Got there at eight, thought I was rather late, and realised that half the delegation hadn't arrived yet xD Spent the time waiting for Tabby, getting our lanyards (the colour of the actual lanyard is the same as HMCA, and the colour of the paper is same as RMUN). Mrs Ng was trying to herd us together to take a group picture but in the end Felicia and Alyssa got herded off by a Sec-Gen and Tabs still wasn't there yet.

Opening ceremony! Generally the usual ceremony except that they had this awesome acapella group of five perform. All SCGS choir girls! So amazing. MGS should have something like that. Tabs was so impressed that she immediately proposed starting an acapella group; "There'll be me... and you... and me and you..."

Yeah xD And on another note, they call their girls SC girls! Unlike MGS, who calls us MG girls, which is Methodist Girls' Girls xD

Seriously freaked out before we had to go to our council rooms (fourth floor!!!). Doro gave me a hug ^^ She's really nice, and really pro 8D. Anyway, successfully filched my opening speech off my position paper and shot my mouth off as one of the four delegates that support(ed) Universal Currency (plus Greece, who's changed her stance, and Argentina, plus Uganda, but I can't be sure of that).

Lunch was really good! They had those "heizou" things, and chicken, and crab claws, and when you ate off all the breaded parts you could see the actual claw <3 so cool

The lunch break is really too long. But welcomed. I'd rather have lunch than debate.

Open debate. I feel really bad. Russia is part of the P5 and I only go up when the chair calls for it <_<

I mean, I come up with points, but I'm so scared to raise my placard ("should I raise it now? Should I wait until after Iran? Should I check this first??") and in the end I get called on anyway... then I try not to think about what I just said <_<

We were getting somewhere for about an hour and a half, then got stuck in a mire about trial runs and prep periods. The entire council is now in favour of countries mutually agreeing on regional currencies. Russia regards it as a "step" towards universal currency and does not object. Maybe when the world is ready, universal currency will then be considered. Maybe.

Of course, this is because I really don't want to be the lone country arguing against it <_>

By four, everyone was burned out, but the debate wouldn't be adjourned till five/four forty-five, so we floundered around and kept discussing what many delegates just called "trivial things".

We will hopefully get the actual edited reso (the chairs spent an hour editing it) tomorrow, and likely pass it. No one actually objects.

The chair called the delegate of Indonesia up twice and called him out for sleeping/having a lax attitude. So scary... the entire council room was quiet when this happened. Even during an unmoderated caucus.

Anyway, that's about all I have. I'll be eating dinner now, and trying to figure out how to survive the next two days.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.