<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


SCMUN Day Two

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 @ 11:44 pm.

Not much happened today... I'd prefer not to talk about the debates themselves, draining as they were, except that at one point we digressed into a capitalism vs communism war. And using liposuction to resolve the economic crisis. Sound familiar?

So yeah, finally moved on to secondary issue in the end... still haven't finished opening speeches though.

Crisis today! At first it seemed like a rather dull-ish crisis until we found out that Russia was affected by the US GM foods that caused congenital diseases :D

Already Russia had made a pact with many SC countries to nuke the US. We never actually did, but came pretty close.

Awesome speeches from DPRK and China condemning the capitalist system :D And I mean awesome as thoroughly entertaining and eloquently delivered, not, well, rational :D

Russia's stance was to demand heavy compensation from the US and better food from them to replace the compromised corn, e.g. wheat, and potato, and wine to sooth our crushed spirits...

And also, for US to feed the corn to their livestock and see how they like it xD

Elicited an immediate Right to Reply in which Tabs refused to apologise multiple times until the chair insisted on her doing so... go Tabby! 8D

Reply from China after that: "Haha, that was great =)", and notes from India, Iraq and DPRK (who said that they were "interested" in working with us after listening to our opening speech, especially since they blame the incident on the "capitalist dogs" xD)

Of course, we observed that US' stance was completely rational and justifiable xD but for the sake of clashing... We never got to say this due to the long speakers' list and that most of us had to leave at six, but Russia demands that besides compensation, the US must do more. that the US eat their own corn, publicly execute the directors of Monsanto, and send the videos to the affected countries. Then Russia will be satisfied :)

Later found out that the reso wasn't passed... eh, Russia would have voted against it anyway. Wonder what Jean and Ellie did with it after we left. Probably against.

Anyway, that crisis session was the most fun so far during SCMUN x)

Wonder how D&D will be tomorrow.

And I wonder how I'll survive the last three and a half hours of debate.

--

I'm a failure.
I screwed up.
You should never, never, reveal your fears or insecurities to anyone, especially if they're not even your friends, especially if you're supposed to impress them, and maintain not only your reputation, but the reputation of your school.
If they're the sort, they will never get over it.

I've screwed myself over. And I have only myself to blame.
Which is why I don't think I can survive the next three hours. Three and a half.

I hate being treated like this.
I hate being treated like... like a ten-year-old.
I know it may be the only thing I deserve,
and indeed the only thing that I can handle, and accept.

I'm a coward.

But I can't let it go on like this.
Stop it.

--

DON'T YOU DARE PATRONISE ME.

--

Please, stop. I don't need you to do this.

Please.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.