<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


DJW

Sunday, April 04, 2010 @ 10:31 pm.

From Tze Shien's blog:

I shall not be too cynical and critical about the speaker, but I must say that the speakers nowadays like to talk for ages, even though they only have very simple points. They should just state the points, give the relevant verses, give 1 or 2 examples, and finally, the applications for our lives. Maybe they don’t do that because they want to cater to non-Christians. I feel that the essence of the gospel is lost because of this. Sometimes the speaker keeps on talking, and at the end of his sermon, you don’t even know what his point is. Even the contemporary songs don’t have meaningful lyrics anymore. So what if we “see a near revival, stirring as we pray and seek, we’re on our knees”, followed by endless repetitions of “hosanna”?


Regarding the sermon, I respectfully disagree. Maybe it's because I go to New Creation Church (where sermons are two hours long), but the way I see it, if the gospel means good news, sermons should be filled with it; filled with joy, and hope for the future.

I guess I rebel against pastors who stand behind a pulpit with their eyes on their three-point sermons and bullet-point powerpoint slides and delivering the whole thing like a lecture. That was one of the reasons why we left PLMC. I felt like I was being condemned.

Personally, the reason why I see that Mr. Jeremy Seaward (?) was so effective was because people could see the effect of God's love and joy working on him and through him. And personally, the reason why NCC is so big right now is that people are tired of living under the covenant of the law.

I wouldn't be able to listen through a sermon written and delivered like a PEEL essay.

But I have to agree on the songs. I think I've posted about it before. Somewhere.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.