<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Greener

Monday, April 05, 2010 @ 8:05 pm.

Chapel

The re-ded service I went to today was led by Eric Lee, you know, the guy who played the piano and kept saying "Who knows how to work this thing?!"

Every time he leads Chapel I mistake the piano for the Glenn [forgot surname] guy who sang songs like "Faithful Runner" and things like that, then I dread it because my mother owns his album and I spent most of my Primary Five year listening to his songs on the way to school.

But Eric Lee is good. And the auditorium was nearly empty.

HMT

Anyway, why on earth is this term such a good Chinese year for me? I don't usually post my marks on my blog but this is because I am so severely shocked by all this.

When 老师 returned the 报章报道 and the 假期功课, I was expecting to do abysmally for all of them. But I got the highest that I've ever gotten for 公函 yet (16/20, which is why I didn't do the 公函 during O Levels), and 46/70 for both the 报章报道 and 记叙文 (which, get this, isn't even my highest; it's 49.5 for 记叙文 and 49 for 报章报道, both achieved within these two terms)

But the major shocker was when she gave back the comprehension paper, which as you've probably heard was absolutely devastating. I was expecting to fail, and hoping to nearly pass, but never did I think that 老师 would ever say that I had done "particularly well" for it o_o I was certain that I had misheard her. And I still suspect I did. However, not only did I not fail, I got 50.5/80 for it. With a 16/20 for summary (highest, but not first time).

I'm probably going to remove the marks later once I get over this shock. And I know that to many of you my marks are just average marks. But still! I keep expecting it to be some fluke or something like that.

And ah, Claire is my new seat partner, with Glarbo next to her on the left and Tabby in the seat on the right in the other block.

(not word-for-word)
Claire: Hey, when you sat in the middle, where did you put your bag?
Me: On my chair...?
Claire: So... where do you put it if you don't put it on your chair?
Me: I don't know... at the side?
Claire puts it at the side.
Later.
Claire: Uh, where else can you put it?
Me: Uh, I'm not sure...?
BEAT
Claire gets up and puts her bag at the back of the class near the cupboards.



xD

E Maths

New statistics worksheet. Glarbo, Claire and I were all going crazy counting and sorting the data values. Glarbo and Claire were cross-referencing with each other on one side while I was circling every class with a different coloured marker.

Recess

Went down and drank my Milo and ate a cereal bar. Jelly and En were doing some - ahem - questionable things in front of me.

Physics

Electric fields. Tabby was rubbing her ruler on her jacket and reaching for people's hair and arm hair.

Glarbo shifts over to the left block during lesson so I have an entire row of seats to myself.

Hey, I treasure my solitude! ._. (Or am I just in denial? Hmm... ^^)

So anyway, I took advantage of sitting alone and drew in my notebook ^^

English

Crap comprehension test given back, and more marks deducted for using correction tape (two marks) and not leaving three lines (three marks). At least I left three lines. Or I would be doomed.

On the other side I could see Tabby drawing on the back of her lecture pad; awesome as always ^^

SS

More globalisation. Mr Seow said that he was going to "showcase a product" tomorrow and needed some music backing track (whatever for?!) and if we didn't make any suggestions he was going to play Susan Boyle. (Claire was shouting OKLAHOMA! and waving around her 1998 London cast recording which she presumably uses for MEP, and by the way which has Hugh Jackman in it)

Lit

First we went through the Mrs Boyle scene question.

Mrs Thomsett called one of my points "perfect"! Seriously!

But after that she returned the crap passage-based question during which she said that the only ones who were actually competent at this time (according to Carolyn it's 'having a good sense of the book' though I can't really remember) were Minerva and Carolyn.

So I'm really pissed off with myself.

I passed, at least. And not as badly as I've done so far. And I didn't get called up to talk with Mrs Thomsett to discuss dropping Lit. But it's still not good enough.

Something from Carolyn's blog about this:

oh, and i was quite amazed when mrs thomsett said that min and i are the only two who have at least some sense of the book. surprising how all these random things crop up to reassure you when you most need it.
i must work harder for lit. it's bad that our whole class is so passive - think mrs thomsett was really pissed off by how we all honestly admitted that we don't touch the text outside of lessons. i feel really complacent + think min is facing a security crisis too. help.


HMT

Not much happened after Lit, or either that I can't remember.

--

Compiled an O Level Revision List today.

...

I'm scared.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.