<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Day 01: Your Favourite Movie

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 @ 11:21 pm.

Okay, for the past year I've been insisting that my favourite movie is The Dark Knight.

However, it's been facing great competition from movies such as:

How to Train Your Dragon (I've got a post on that further down; go read it)

Bandslam

Avatar (Okay, this one not so much, but I thought it was worth a mention)

Alice in Wonderland (also not so much, but also worth a mention)



And since it's 11:25PM, as much as I would love to go into a long, detailed dissertation and analysis of which movie is my favourite, I should probably go to bed now because of exams tomorrow.

Maybe it's a bad idea to embark on a thirty-day blogging project during the exam period.

---

Anyway, papers today!

EL Paper 1 - not bad, not bad at all

As it turns out, an astounding amount of people stole ideas from Chinese lessons. For example, Shannon and Felicia both took their idea from the same story and wrote almost the same thing. I myself remembered a story that was written from the perspective of a bird (which was given out during HCL lesson) and used that too. Xing Xing basically translated one of her Chinese compos into English.

Anyway, I was kinda doing a survey on who wrote what, and here's what I got:

1. Write about a choice you made and explain why it was important.
Xing Xing - about telling a teacher about something a friend did and losing a friend... yeah, can't really remember what the original compo was about.

2. Describe an event which took place in a public park.
Tabitha - took it literally and wrote about a public performance
Nicole - don't really know, but she didn't "write about something big" like Tabitha thought we had to do
Felicia and Shannon - both wrote about an old person (Felicia: man, Shannon: woman) picking rubbish and accidentally hitting a young person (Felicia: hit, Shannon: flipped skirt), after which the parent demanded compensation
Myself - suffice to say, an unidentified scavenger bird flew over a park and watched a girl play with a dog, after which a group of boys came and killed the dog and chased the girl away. The bird then proceeded to eat its carcass. It... turned out better than it sounds! Really!
Angelica: Wrote about witnessing a nude protest in a public park in France against wearing non-organic goods. Apparently this is based on a true experience. Except that they were wearing underwear and she didn't know what they were protesting about.

3. Chaos
Carolyn: An abstract piece about an artist and the chaos inside her mind?/heart?/psyche?
Claire: Linked a volcano eruption to the Singapore War. I think. I'm not sure about this.
Diana: Wrote an expository, ending with the lyrics "I believe in a thing called chaos [...] I believe in a thing called love." I remain embarrassed as I didn't know that those were actually song lyrics.

5. "The young are permanently in a state resembling intoxication." (Aristotle) Do you agree?
Yun Hua: Can't really say. Here's what went down:
Me: So, what did you write?
Yun Hua: Oh, the Aristotle quote.
Grace: Okay, so what did you write about?
Yun Hua: Um... I'm not sure, it didn't make sense.
Grace: So... did you agree or disagree?
Yun Hua: Mm...
[pause]
Yun Hua: I'm not sure. I think I disagreed.

Audrey: Agreed, drawing references to the media and the Internet and how it dulls the mind etc etc
Dorothy: Drew parallels between a state of alcoholic intoxication (e.g. slurring of words) to teenage "intoxication" (chatspeak)... which actually makes sense

Chem SPA 3

Can't post any details here because I don't know who reads my blog and that person might be desperate for hints right now and I think giving any might result in me being arrested or something.

But suffice to say that... everyone was rather... underwhelmed?

We all finished pretty early...


--

Okay that's it for today. Need to go or I might fall asleep during Bio or something.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.