<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Journey

Monday, June 28, 2010 @ 6:36 pm.

Oho, Carolyn just posted a picture-filled Drama Night post on her blog ^^ I can't link to the post or anything, but in case you see this post late and you want to go, it's in the June archives somewhere.

Most of it has to do with Saumya, our Sec 3 junior who's playing the main character on Night 2 (the main character is a male inspector). She is amazing. I'm not being biased because I know her better than the Night 1 people. Okay, maybe I am; I've never actually seen Night 1's actress in action, and I've watched Saumya do the entire play twice. Even the director admits that she's always awesome.

Honestly, this play is awesome; probably the best play for our girls right now. Granted we've only done two full-length productions this year, but this is much better than Daisy's, at least in terms of suitability. We could never have pulled off Daisy as a satire, which was the way it was supposed to be and which would have been so much better if we did.

FROM HERE THERE ARE A FEW SPOILERS. I've tried to make them as little and as vague as possible, but they're still there, so be wary.

At least for the Night 2 girls, which are the ones I've actually seen, the characters suit them to the bone. Seriously, Saumya as a male, smooth-talking, male inspector (as Carolyn says, an amazing girl-as-guy actress, but you should go read her post for more details); Rohini as a demure, calm, resilient assistant; Jin Ju as an innocent, perky nurse; Zhi Xin as a somewhat manic doctor; Miriam as a slightly-less manic doctor; Sheryl as a flirtatious, vengeful woman; Marcella as a... no, that'll give too much away. It's amazing how much these characters suit them. It's either Miss Grace was amazing in crafting the script or that we were just all really lucky... or both. I hope the Night 1 girls suit too, but again I haven't seen them.

Spoilers pretty much end here but seriously GO FOR DRAMA NIGHT THIS YEAR. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

These are two items on my 2010 wishlist. There are twenty items. These are #8 and #9:

For Drama Night 2010 to be a success, and to be able to leave Drama CCA with a reassurance for their future.

If any Drama juniors read my blog, know this. Though if you've actually been reading my blog without me knowing you should know already.

I think I'm probably far too emotionally invested in my CCA right now. This is in no small part due to the fact that I don't really have a social life. But still. I'm pretty sure that at least a few seniors other than myself wonder what's going to happen for next year's SYF, or the following year's Drama Night, or the year after that.

No matter what, I think I'm going to keep coming back to watch the MGS Drama Society's performances. And I want them to be good.

After watching the Night 2 runs I do feel that you guys have the chance to blow the roof off the auditorium when you perform this. I hope you do. You deserve it.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.