<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Song Collection

Monday, June 07, 2010 @ 9:36 pm.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, darlin'
You give love a bad name

An angel's smile is what you sell
You promise me heaven then put me through hell
Chains of love got a hold on me
When passion's a prison you can't break free

Oh, you're a loaded gun, yeah
Oh, There's nowhere to run
No one can save me, he damage is done

Shot through the heart and you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
Hey, you give love a bad name

Paint your smile on your lips
Blood red nails on your fingertips
A school boy's dream, you act so shy
Your very first kiss was your first kiss goodbye

Whoa, you're a loaded gun
Whoa, there's nowhere to run
No one can save me, the damage is done

Shot through the heart and you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name
You give love, oh

Oh, Shot through the heart and you're to blame
You give love a bad name
I play my part and you play your game
You give love a bad name

You give love
You give love...


I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that

Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react

And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly
Eyes that know me
And I can't go back

Moods that take me
And erase me
And I'm painted black

You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now

Falling slowly -- sing your melody
I'll sing along


On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night

There she stood in the doorway
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself
This could be heaven or this could be hell
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year, you can find it here

Her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the captain
Please bring me my wine
He said, we haven’t had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine
And still those voices are calling from far away
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin’ it up at the hotel California
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said we are all just prisoners here
Of our own device
And in the master’s chambers
They gathered for the feast
The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can’t kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
Relax said the night man
We are programmed to receive
You can checkout any time you like
But you can never leave


Kiss me too fiercely
Hold me too tight
I need help believing
You're with me tonight
My wildest dreamings
Could not foresee
Lying beside you
With you wanting me

And just for this moment
As long as you're mine
I've lost all resistance
And crossed some border line
And if it turns out
It's over too fast
I'll make every last moment last
As long as you're mine

Maybe I'm brainless
Maybe I'm wise
But you've got me seeing
Through different eyes
Somehow I've fallen
Under your spell
And somehow I'm feeling
It's up that I fell

Every moment
As long as you're mine
I'll wake up my body
And make up for lost time

Say there's no future
For us as a pair

And though I may know
I don't care
Just for this moment
As long as you're mine
Come be how you want to
And see how bright we shine
Borrow the moonlight
Until it is through
And know I'll be here holding you
As long as you're mine


Far away
This ship is taking me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die

Starlight
I will be chasing the starlight
Until the end of my life
I don't know if it's worth it anymore

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms

My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

But I'll never let you go
If you promised not to fade away
Never fade away

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms

Far away
This ship is taking me far away
Far away from the memories
Of the people who care if I live or die

And I'll never let you go
If you promise not to fade away
Never fade away

Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations
Our hopes and expectations
Black holes and revelations

Hold you in my arms
I just wanted to hold
You in my arms
I just wanted to hold


I saw a picture of you hanging in an empty hallway
I heard a voice that I knew, and I couldn't walk away
It took me back to the end of everything
I taste it all, I taste it all; the tears, again

Outside the rain's falling down, there's not a drop that hits me
Scream at the sky but no sound is leaving my lips
It's like I can't even feel after the way you touched me
I'm not asleep but I'm not awake after the way you loved me

I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
(Let me out of this dream)

Everywhere that I go, I see another memory
And all the places we used to know they're always there to haunt me
I walk around and I feel so lost and lonely
You're everything that I want, but you don't want me

I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
(Let me out of this dream)

I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
I'm a sleepwalker, walker, walker
(Let me out of this dream)


You're automatic and your heart's like an engine
I die with every beat
You're automatic and your voice is electric
Why do I still believe

It's automatic everywhere in your letter
A lie that makes me bleed
It's automatic when you say things get better
But they never

There's no real love in you
There's no real love in you
There's no real love in you
Why do I keep loving you

It's automatic, counting cars on a crossroad
They come and go like you
It's automatic watching faces I don't know
Erase the face of you

It's automatic, systematic, so traumatic
You're automatic

There's no real love in you
There's no real love in you
There's no real love in you
Why do I keep loving you

Automatic, automatic
Automatic, automatic

Each step you make
Each breath you take
Your heart, your soul
Remote-controlled
This life is so sick
You're automatic to me

There's no real love in you
There's no real love in you
There's no real love in you
Why do I keep loving you?


What if I wanted to break
Laugh it all off in your face
What would you do? (Oh, oh)
What if I fell to the floor
Couldn't take all this anymore
What would you do, do, do

Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you

What if I wanted to fight
Beg for the rest of my life
What would you do
You say you wanted more
What are you waiting for
I'm not running from you (from you)

Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me
All I wanted was you

I tried to be someone else
But nothing seemed to change
I know now, this is who I really am inside
Finally found myself
Fighting for a chance
I know now, this is who I really am

Ah, ah
Oh, oh
Ah, ah

Come break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you, you, you.
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me
All I wanted was you

Come break me down (bury me, bury me)
Break me down (bury me, bury me)
Break me down (bury me, bury me)

(You say you wanted more)
What if I wanted to break
(What are you waiting for?)
Bury me, bury me
(I'm not running from you)
What if I
What if I
What if I
What if I
Bury me, bury me


Life's been blinding me from what I thought I'd see
Is there clarity in this insanity, yeah
What you want from me, yeah

Roads in front of me, taking me astray
Are you leaving me, or are you leading the way
Can you hear what I'm saying

I need to know
I need to know
I need to know
I need to know

Feel like I'm trying to breathe underwater
Trying to climb but I keep falling farther, yeah
Will you take my hand

Feels so far away; I want to see your face
Are you even there, can you show me
Can you make me believe

I need to know
I need to know
I need to know
I need to know

I need to know
I need to know

--

Song credit:
Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Falling Slowly - Glen and Markéta
Hotel California - The Eagles
As Long As You're Mine - Wicked (Elphaba and Fiyero)
Starlight - Muse
Sleepwalker - Adam Lambert
Automatic - Tokio Hotel
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
I Need to Know - Kris Allen

And... that basically sums up my musical preferences.

I consider myself a mainstream listener. An extremely mainstream listener. Can you tell? I'm practically embarrassed. Other people I know listen to Ladytron or Muse (I do have a Muse song here but honestly I think I only know about two Muse songs) or find out about Owl City months before he makes it big-time or dig up songs that I've never heard of before. I either find myself listening to the songs of artists like Lady Gaga (I actually do like Lady Gaga) or some other big-name-of-the-moment, or just all the famous songs that top the charts every week or so.

And I'm almost ashamed that my musical exposure is so limited. And I wonder if it's wrong, almost, to even admit that you like what everyone else seems to be liking right now, because it means you're boring, you have no original thoughts, you're mainstream, you're being indoctrinated by the music industry to like what's hot, you're not intelligent.

The thing is, I do like these mainstream, chart-topping, pop songs. I like Jason DeRulo's What'cha Say. I also like Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek, which DeRulo heavily sampled in his own song. I like K-pop. The only albums I have on my iPod are the two Lady Gaga albums, THE E.N.D., Ocean Eyes, Kris Allen, and For Your Entertainment. I also have the entire Michael Jackson collection, Michael Buble, the Hairspray soundtrack, and various Pastor Joseph Prince sermons.

So forgive me if I end up reiterating whatever's on the radio at the moment on my blog. My musical tastes do happen to coincide with whatever's hot right now. Don't hold it against me or anything.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.