<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


A Happy Problem

Monday, January 10, 2011 @ 4:31 pm.

I got 8...

...A1s.

FOR REAL. FOR SHIZZ. FOR REAL. SERIOUSLY. EIGHT. A1s. OH MY GOD THANK YOU JESUS THIS IS A MIRACLE.


-

Recap time.

So, I managed to psyche myself completely out of thinking about the results... until past midnight. That was when I finally started paying attention to Twitter and participating, albeit minimally, in the pre-release freakout. And though I kept telling myself that I wasn't gonna think about it and kept watching Whose Line is it Anyway and reading Death Note fanfiction... well, even though I really wasn't thinking about it, I could just feel that nervous knot rising up my stomach and into my oesophagus. Disgusting imagery, but it's the truth. You know, the bowel-loosening chill that goes up your spine and your gullet. That.

Then I went to bed at 3 AM and slept even later than that.

Got my mother to wake me up, so she called me at about 10:15 AM and I had to get out of bed because the cordless phone was missing. After that I was so sleepy that I went back to bed and surfed the net on my phone until 11 AM. Then I got up and ate breakfast and then changed into my school uniform.

Then we went to school and I got there at around 12:30 PM, sitting around with Zenn until I went to the Chapel, where I found Xing Xing, Sheralyn, and later Zhi Lin. Colette gave me an inspirational card! I ended up sitting with T because I was still there when Ellie and the rest of the (I presume GB) band took the stage. It was a good thing I went for the service. It actually stopped me freaking out for the longest time. It's the first time I've ever prayed for people, really. It was a crappy prayer, but yeah. After that Zhi Lin started talking about funny things that it would be unwise to reveal on a public domain. Don't worry, it's not naughty or anything, but still.

After that we were released to stew in our fear for half an hour, which consisted of Sheralyn latching on to me, Jelly returning me the whip, Xing Xing staring and wondering why I had a whip, and... uh, yeah. And I was trying to avoid the teachers. There was a colossal scream (or a groan) when the doors opened and the students were ushered in. The classes seated in front were 4M, 4G, and 4D. I was sure there was a reason for this.

Then Miss Ho went through pointless JAE things that everyone knew already and then handed the time over to Mrs Ong; both of them were going "Girls, we will release the results VERY PUNCTUALLY and LOOK, there's (____) minutes left!", much to everyone's continued discomfort.

And then Mrs Ong started showing us the

[grandmother suddenly passes Milo icecream]

subject averages and distinction percentages which had the entire cohort screaming like mad. All the full humanities (besides Art, but that's between Higher Art and Art and hence rather screwy) had around 90% distinctions and 100% passes. Or something like that. But Lit got the highest!

And comparing our English average with the national average... hehehehe.

Surprisingly enough, by the end of the subject averages I was feeling amazingly confident. Maybe not confident, but excited and on a high. So when they skipped to the top students and started giving out the 7A1s, I thought okay, this is it. And when they finished giving out the 7A1s and went to the 8A1s, I thought that again. And...

Photobucket

You may think that I'm a little vain posting my results slip up here, but it's all for the sake of what I'm doing with it later in the post.

I was very happy. To say the least. I gave the camera two thumbs up as I ran past. I'm not very sure why I did this. In an attempt to describe my feelings, it was a little like this:

Photobucket

And then I got up on stage and got the results slip, and it took me a full thirty seconds to actually realise this:

Photobucket

SERIOUSLY. THIS IS EVEN MORE OF A MIRACLE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Congratulations to the top three students from our class, Christie, Nicole and Felicia (top Chinese student in Singapore!) for scoring so impossibly well!

--
EDIT: BEFORE I GO INTO THE EMO PART OF MY POST THERE ARE MORE THINGS I HAVE TO SAY.

Thank you all for the well wishes and congratulations after that (: And congratulations to you all who are happy with what you got! Especially if I didn't see you in the hall.

Now let me try and remember all the people who I came into contact with in the hall... all the people on the stage, e.g. Liz Goh, Lau, Ellie, Carolyn, Christie etc etc etc (man, there are a lot of you!); Hui Xian, who later told me that it was good that I got a B3 for HCL, thanks man; Jelly, who hugged me (haha, your red face); Diana; Euphemia and Rachel Lee (although this was technically before the results were released); Jean; Charlotte...

Oh, thank you Mum and Dad for being there (: And all the other friends of my parents (or parents of my friends, whichever one), specifically Aunty Evangeline, Uncle Hua Tian and Aunty Siew Leng, for crowding around and being there too (: Thank you so much!

And thank you Mrs Ng, Ms Lau and Mrs Chitra for offering hugs (:

And thank you juniors, like Marcella, Miriam, Uma, Saumya, and Shreya and Jui (I think it's in that order), for coming over! It was so sweet :3 I felt loved. And Saumya, if you ever read this, I'm gonna say it again: stick with Higher Mother Tongue >D hehehe

-- BEWARE EMO BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE --
Happiness over.

I don't feel happy any more. I can't think of myself any more.

Ever since we were told to line up on the stage, face the rest of the crowd and sing the school song. We were literally looking down on everyone else.

And it didn't feel good. There were barely more than five people sitting where our class was seated. And if you looked into the faces of the people below they all looked sad. People were crying; I'm not going to say who.

And after that when we were queuing up for results and I tried to find certain people and I couldn't find them. And when I found someone and she was sad but controlled, and when I found someone and she was accepting but admitted that it wasn't too good, and someone who was ecstatic although her results weren't perfect. And then I called the people I couldn't find and from there it just went downhill.

It sucks. It sucks so bad. I hate it, I hate it how they make our grades define us. Grades don't differentiate between a smart person who works hard, a lazy smart person, a stupid person who mugs his face off, a cheater. Grades don't mean shit. And I hate it that they have to matter so much, that if you're not called up on that stage you cry, you cry your eyes out, and even if you are called up on stage but it's still not what you wanted you're sad anyway. And I'm so pissed off that other people pin expectations on you and even if you're happy with what you got, if the people that have control over you decide it's shit you are officially shit.

And it makes me want to throw something and burn something and this has officially made this the happiest and saddest day of my life.

--end of emo part. You may return your eyes to the screen.--

So I'm faced with, as Aunty Lian Chee says, a happy problem.

RJC or ACSI? I don't know.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.