<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


SUBJECT COMBIIIIII

Monday, January 31, 2011 @ 4:38 pm.

This is tearing me apart ):

I can't believe it. I spent no shorter than SIX MONTHS with a set subject combi in mind, i.e.

HL - English A1, History, Maths
SL - ab initio, Bio, Theatre

which then changed to

HL - English A1, B&M, Maths
SL - ab initio, Bio, Theatre

when I heard about it. And then... well, I actually entered the school. I might as well type out my grievances here, because blogs are all about public ranting anyway.

1. Theatre

Basically, whether it's worth taking it at SL. If it was HL, I would be considerably less conflicted. But...

Well, it's a very small class size. Which is a good thing in many respects, but a bad thing in others. Plus, there's no written Theatre exam. So that would be awesome too. And you get to design your own production, which is also equally awesome. Theatre sounds like a very fun subject.

But that's just it. Fun. I love theatre, I do. But is it worth taking as a subject?

And I have to take HL Math too...

2. History or Econs

History is my second humanities automatic bias after Literature. On the other hand, Econs is supposed to be the most useful. And the most... "flexible". And plus, BOTH of them are supposed to be suitable for law if I wanna train in it. Seriously. And besides, History is heavy. But Econs sounds...

3. HSP

And if I take Theatre, I won't be able to take HSP.

And should I even do HSP? I mean, my GK sucks. I don't think I'll be able to get through the interview. The only reason why I wanna go to HSP is because the awesome-sounding teachers are all teaching those, and it's a different set of books altogether so of course I'll feel like I'm missing out if I don't.

I mean, I could get the Pre-U scholarship no problem. But the HSP...

4. Language ab initio

I automatically locked onto Spanish after several people who have taken both told me that French is hell and Spanish is easier. The thing is, though, that's not really a reason to take ab initio. You have to work for it.

And plus, there's German. I really wanna learn more about Nazi Germany. The authoritarian regimes chapter was so incredibly interesting. It's also got the potentially smallest class out of all the languages, which means that we aren't gonna be screwed over with no practice time and lack of teacher attention. And, German is supposed to be a lot EASIER because it's got a no-exceptions grammar. AND German is also in May, so if I take Theatre too I'll only have FOUR subjects to study...

However. Quoting the wise words of OG mate Tim (who is taking French):

French is sexy.
Spanish is also sexy.
German is not.

Yeah. He has a point. Apparently he has the German Wicked soundtrack, and it all sounds like they're trying to attack you or something.

Seriously. I'm completely torn between these three. I've got at least one draw and one turnoff for each of them:

French
Draw: It's beautiful.
Turnoff: It's really hard, apparently. Large class size.

Spanish
Draw: It's pretty nice-sounding. It seems relatively easy.
Turnoff: Large class size. I have no real motive to take Spanish except that a lot of people speak it.

German
Draw: It seems relatively easy. Small class size.
Turnoff: It doesn't sound nice. And why would I go to a German university?

So yeah. I really have to get my act together before I have to decide on Monday.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.