<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


Open

Monday, April 25, 2011 @ 4:40 pm.

I've never hid the fact that I write from others. I don't think I was ever ashamed of it, even as a kid, probably because people thought I wrote well back then and I loved praise. I didn't care when I was the only one in class who actually liked English because we got to write compositions. I didn't care when I told people I spent my time writing things that I would never be able to submit for competitions or even publish or even show to anyone else reputable and had them look at me with weird faces and skewed smiles.

Writing is my identifier. Other writers might have other things to identify themselves by, like A* student, or artist, or lit geek, or drama person, or lawyer, but for me that's pretty much the only thing. I don't have anything to cover this up with, at least, not anything I consider worthy enough to do so. I define myself by it, even when I don't do much of it. It's kinda the way I think.

I do hide what I write, though. I don't know why. Just now I met my EE supervisor for the first time and I told her that I wrote (in order to justify my reading choices). "Really? That's so sweet," she said. And then she said "You should show me one of your works." and inside my mind I went oh, shit. I don't even know why. I already have a piece to fall back on when someone asks me to show them what I write, but... I don't know, somehow I just hate to do it. Maybe it's because I'm never really happy with what I write. Maybe it's because I'm embarrassed about it. Maybe it's because I'm worried that when I show them what I do and they look at it they'll think it isn't good but then they'll look up and not say it.







Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.