<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


"I guess effort ≠ results in a system like this."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 @ 12:27 am.

- quoted from Carmen.

Damn straight.

Anyway, it's 12:30 and I really should be sleeping (again. This is familiar) but after reading Carmen's post I might as well post a brief (it's so not gonna turn out brief) lowdown on my results. If you think it's gonna get too tl;dr, just read this:

I don't know what to think. Or do.

English saddens me.

Thank God Connor didn't mark it.


I wrote that in my notebook after I got all my results back. Then Rocky opened a packet of those Calbee fries things, Tiziana opened a packet of Honey Dijon, I gave Nitiya a Subway cookie and Brandon started talking about certain somethings that were likened to Reichsmarks. And I drew things all over the whiteboard.

Why am I even posting my results here?

HL1: English, 16/25, Grade 5

Shock. Because this came after all the SLs, mostly. My fate was sealed the moment I saw that sentence on the powerpoint (that's the first time that's happened to me, and it still stings), so I guess I should be grateful for this mark. I am grateful, actually. I didn't cry over it. Achievement, I know. In fact, I was certain I was going to fail this paper as soon as I put down my pen when time was called. God. And people didn't believe me when I said I made gross misinterpretations. Good thing this paper is anonymous, considering who marked it...

Someone told me after that they would kill to get my English mark. But it's different, you know? When you've just had a string of twenties and someone just borrowed your commentaries. I've harboured this constant sense of fear that I was going to slip, just like the last two years, just like the last FOUR years, and guess what, I did. They always say not to peak too early. Why do I always fall when it's actually important?

HL2: History, 61.5%, Grade 6
I'm just so happy I passed this paper. I nearly did fail. My Paper 2 was 21/40, but my Paper 1 was 19/25. So I really don't have much to say about this paper, except that I'm still surprised that I scored what I did and other people I know scored what they did, especially in relation to mine.

An interesting note: when Mr Tan put the Paper 2 paper on my desk he said "Why so bad?", but when he passed me my English paper he didn't say a word.

HL3: Economics, 72%, Grade 6
I got back the Paper 1 first (17/20) and I thought "hey, maybe I'm actually gonna get a 7 for this paper". Then Mr Tan put the Paper 2 on my desk and I was pulled out of my delusions. Well, 6 isn't bad, though.

Econs is turning out to be one of those subjects that I hate but score well in. Like Chem was. I'm still kinda worried that this is my highest-scoring HL. And here my thoughts divert back to English so I should probably just stop. On a bell curve, though, this isn't very impressive. But I find myself not really caring about Econs. That's kinda more scary than anything else.

SL1: Maths, 91.1%, Grade 7
This might actually be the highest I've ever scored for Maths in years. I can't even remember. A. Maths definitely. Maybe not E Maths, but very close. I got a full mark for Section B which is quite surprising. I'm not really going to talk about this since there isn't much to say.

SL2: French ab initio, 88%, Grade 7
When I got the paper back in class ('cos I'm the only one who takes French ab), the entire class was whoa-ing over this grade. Then we went into the LT and went through all the subject stats and all the people in the top 5 got over 90%.

SL3: Biology, 88.3%, Grade 7
Rocky was sitting next to me (index no. shenanigans) so I could compare with him immediately after getting the paper back. I got two marks more than he did for Section A and vice versa for Section B. So when Mr Chua was asking for the percentages and I said "88 and a third" and he said "same" it was actually quite awesome, although more amusing than awesome.

I find myself having less and less to say as I write. I think it's because after the results were given out about 80% of my thoughts were concentrated on English, and most of those thoughts are things I'm not sure I should say here. I don't really know who reads this blog. I should start checking.






Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.