<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/25519831?origin\x3dhttp://beepsaeddetx.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
there must be movement.


I talked to a neighbour for the first time today

Monday, July 18, 2011 @ 11:00 pm.

I need to start blogging again. So here I am.

--

Today as I was walking up the stairs from the HDB void deck to the turnstile gate to my condo, I saw a little Indian boy standing on the top step. For some reason, he scared me. He wasn't just standing there. He wandered, leaning on the rusted green railings, swaying up and down the platform as though he were moving and yet not. As I walked past him he went to the edge of the top step and posed like he was about to go down the steps, but as I waited, he never did.

And so I took out my doorcard and tapped the sensor-thing with it, then pushed the turnstile open a tiny bit so that I could let myself in. But since my bag is about as big as I am I turned around to find the Indian boy squeezing in through the turnstile gate with me. His eyes were sunken, and at the same time, they were huge. Or maybe it was just the eyebags under them.

"Which block do you live in?" I called, softly at first, as he walked away from me.

He turned around in the darkness. "...Here."

"No, I mean which block."

"G."

"Okay," I said, and left.

I don't know why I felt so strange. Or so scared. Or so pissed. Maybe it was because of how silently he did it, that normally people would actually ask if I could open the door for them instead of hanging around the top step like a tentative ghost. Maybe it was because of his face. Maybe it was because he was Indian.

But his voice, when I called out to him, reassured me. And his voice was most certainly Indian.





Biography.

i'm not there yet
G.
Sagittarius.
Singaporean.
MGS'01-'10
1.1, 2.2, 3.5, 4.3, 5.5, 6.2, 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G
MGS Drama Society Society of Dramatic Arts '07-'10.
ACS(I) 5.12'11 - 6.12'12.
ACSIS '11-'12.
!nk '11-'12
I write because I can't break the habit.

Talk.



Look back.

April 2006 February 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011

Links.

Updated 7/1/11

Sister!,
Sister!,
Jean,
Elizabeth Chan,
Yan Yee,
En Qi,
Zhi Lin,
Claudia,
Claudia
Colette,
Diana,
Eleanor,
Glenda,
Liz Goh,
Yun Hua's Shop,
Carmen,
Christie,
Tze Shien,
Tze Shien,
Rachel Lau,
Carolyn,
Audrey,
Zenn,
Sheralyn,
Celeste,
Glarbo,
Genevieve,
My Plurk,
My Twitter.

Applause.

21♥
Background: Darkdegree.